There are numerous ways to volunteer your time.
From collaborative leadership roles to serving in an educational and informational capacity to promoting safety, health and wellness, Johnson County Livable Community (JCLC) wants to help you put your volunteer skills and interests to good use. JCLC volunteers can apply their skills and experience in many ways:
- Collecting and distributing timely, easy-to-understand resource information
- Organizing and sponsoring educational programs to help older adults and their families find services and activities that help them navigate the aging experience
- Serving a link to connect our rural communities
- Working with community organizations on new approaches to meet age-related needs
Volunteering benefits not only the recipients, it also gives you a sense of purpose and belonging. Creating an environment for successful aging is a personal and civic investment for a positive future with direct, cumulative benefits for the entire community. Volunteers who help and offer support to older residents are a critical component in building that environment.
Invest in your community with a contribution to help support Johnson County Livable Community. Your donation will help assure that JCLC's information, programs, and resources continue to address the needs of our growing and aging population.
Private gifts are accepted through Charitable Giving and Endowment accounts at the Community Foundation of Johnson County. Invest in your community with a contribution to help support Johnson County Livable Community. Your donation will help assure that JCLC's information, programs, and resources continue to address the needs of our growing and aging population.
Donate online. Our donations are received through the Community Foundation of Johnson County. Make sure to type "JCLC" as the specific organization you would like to give to. Click here to donate online.
Print the Pledge Form. Select payment by check, credit card, automatic deduction, or installments. Does your company match donations? Mail your completed pledge form to: Community Foundation of Johnson County, 325 E. Washington St., Iowa City, IA 52240.
Specify one of our two funds to support JCLC. Both funds are tax-deductible and are administered through the Community Foundation of Johnson County.
- The Charitable Giving Fund helps with ongoing expenses.
- The Endowment Fund builds long-term viability of the organization and is eligible for a 25% Endowment Iowa Tax Credit.