Care For Kids
The Care for Kids program assists families in finding medical/dental providers. The program is ideal for families who are new to the area and those who are unaware of how to locate these resources. There is no fee for children under the age of 21 years who receive Medicaid. Please call 319-356-6042 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. Services provided include:
- Explanation of Medicaid benefits
- Referrals for medical, dental, immunization, hearing/vision, nutrition and developmental delay needs
- Transportation assistance to appointments
Certified Application Counselor (CAC) Program
In 2010 the Affordable Care Act was enacted and the Insurance Marketplace was created. It is a place where people can enroll in in health insurance online. Depending on your income you may be able to get low-cost or even free insurance. Johnson County Public Health has a Certified Application Counselor (CAC) who can help you with this process.
- A Certified Application Counselor (CAC) is someone who is specially trained to help you to understand your options when applying for insurance through the Marketplace.
- The CAC can help you to complete your enrollment or renewal application and explain what documents you need to send in.
- The CAC can also answer some questions about how your insurance works.
Please call 319-382-0772 or 319-688-5893. Make sure to leave a message. You can also email our CAC at [email protected]. We will set up an appointment to help you.
Starting in the spring of 2023 people who have been on Medicaid during the pandemic will have to renew their eligibility. Some people may lose coverage but will be able to apply for a Marketplace plan because they will be in a Special Enrollment Period. Don’t wait because this period lasts for only 60 days. If you need help to do this please contact our CAC.