In order to reduce exposure between our drivers and you, our riders, we have decided that we will directly bill riders for their SEATS’ trips.
- Your bill will cover trips taken between the 1st and the end of each calendar month.
- A bill will be sent around the 15th of the following month.
- You will have one month to pay your bill. (For example, trips you take in June will be billed by July 15th, and payment will be due by August 15th.)
- Your bill will be mailed to your home address, and will include a self-addressed stamped envelope for you to mail your payment back to us. Our address is on the envelope, but if you need our mailing address it’s on the bottom of this page. Please return the bottom portion of your invoice with your payment to ensure payment is credited to your account!
- We will accept any punch cards you may have as payment, as well as a check or cash. (We recommend, you DO NOT mail cash, but we will accept it if you mail it as payment.) If the amount of punches on a card you mail exceeds the amount due, we will keep track of that in a punch card balance in an account, and we will not send another bill until you run out of punches from those cards. If you ever want to know how much money is left on your punch card account, please feel free to reach out to Angie Conard (phone 319-339-6128) or Dawn Alam (phone 319-688-5939).
- If you need your bill mailed to another address, you need to talk to us. Contact Angie Conard (phone 319-339-6128) or Dawn Alam (phone 319-688-5939).
- If you have ANY questions, please reach out to Angie Conard (phone 319-339-6128) or Dawn Alam (phone 319-688-5939). We will be happy to answer your questions!
This policy is subject to change, and changes will be sent out via notification calls to all customers, so make sure your phone number and/or email is up to date the next time you reserve a trip!
As of January 1, 2015 all one way fares are $2.00.
If a personal care attendant or a companion will accompany you, notify the reservation operator. An attendant may ride free. The companion must pay a one-way fare at the full fare rate of $2.00 per trip.
Also notify the reservation operator if a service animal will accompany you. You may transport small pets in a standard secured pet carrier for an additional regular fare. Of course there is no charge for service animals.