- Custom Map Design Rate: $50.00 per hour ($12.50 minimum fee) + Print cost per page.
- Standard Prints: Standard prints only involve the media costs.
- Geographic Analysis: Work related to database development, analysis, or manipulation will be billed at a rate of $70.00 per hour ($35.00 minimum fee).
- Shipping: Appropriate postage will be added to all orders requiring shipping.
- Alternate Formats: Maps can be delivered in digital formats. Custom map design and analysis rates would still apply.
- Government Pricing: Governmental agencies will be charged at rate of 50% of all regular service and media prices. There will be no charge for projects under two hours. Media charges will be imposed on a case by case basis. Johnson County retains the right to waive fees as needed on a case by case basis.
- Media Pricing:
Map - Letter (8.5 x 11) or Legal (8.5 x 14) - Cost: $.50
Map - Tabloid (11 x 17) - Cost: $1.00
Map - Large Format - Cost: $1.00/square foot
Map - Large Format with Solid Fill Patterns or Orthophotography - Cost: $2.00/square foot
GIS Digital Data Costs
- All vector (line, point, polygon) based data is now available for downloading through the Iowa GIS Data Repository at https://www.iowagisdata.org
- Data Format: The data will be provided in either shapefile or geodatabase format.
- Additional Processing Fees: A hourly rate of $70.00 ($35.00 minimum) will be imposed for conversion to formats other than shapefile or geodatabase. This rate will also apply when database analysis or manipulation is requested.
- Coordinate System: All data will be delivered in Iowa State Plane South NAD83.
- Payments: Make checks payable to Johnson County Treasurer.
- Shipping: Media and shipping costs are included in the pricing below.
- Aerial Photography: Fees for aerial photography are still in place and listed below.
- All vector (line, point, polygon) based data is now available for downloading through the Iowa GIS Data Repository at https://www.iowagisdata.org. Fees for orthophotography are still in place and listed below.
Aerial photography (orthophotography) costs
- Countywide Set (compressed images less than 5 years old) - Cost $300
- Countywide Set (compressed images older than 5 years old) - Cost $100
- Individual Tiles (TIFF or JPEG) (less than 5 years old) - $30 each
- Individual Tiles (TIFF or JPEG) (more than 5 years old) - $10 each