Beginning Friday, July 1, the Treasurer’s Office business hours will change to 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Johnson County Administration Building
913 S. Dubuque St
PO Box 2420
Iowa City IA 52244-2420
The Treasurer's office collects and distributes property taxes, maintains bank accounts for the county funds and conducts tax sales on property for which the taxes have not been paid. The Treasurer's office is also home to the Motor Vehicle department where you can register your car or other motorized vehicles.
Mail property tax payments to:
Johnson County Treasurer
PO Box 2420
Iowa City, IA 52244
Important Property Tax Dates
- September 1 - First-half of property taxes due.
- September 30 - Last day to pay the first-half of property taxes without penalty. Mail-in payments must be post-marked by September 30.
- March 1 - Second-half of property taxes due.
- March 31 - Last day to pay the second-half of property taxes without penalty. Mail-in payments must be post-marked by March 31.
- June - Treasurer's Property Tax Sale. Participants must pre-register at the Treasurer's office