The Johnson County Board of Supervisors is seeking volunteers to serve on various County boards and commissions. Board and commission members serve in an advisory role to help direct policy by making suggestions and recommendations to the Board of Supervisors and County staff.
Vacancies are available on the following Johnson County boards and commissions:
- Board of Health (two vacancies)
- Compensation Commission (28 vacancies)
- Conservation Board (one vacancy)
- Historic Preservation Commission (three vacancies)
- Swisher Library (one vacancy)
- Medical Examiner (one vacancy)
- County Case Management Advisory Board (three vacancies)
- Zoning Board of Adjustment (one vacancy)
Information about specific boards and commissions, vacancies and application forms are available on the Committee/Board Openings webpage of the Johnson County website at www.johnsoncountyiowa.gov/vacancies and in the office of the Johnson County Board of Supervisors, second floor of the Johnson County Administration Building, 913 S. Dubuque Street, Iowa City. Questions can be directed to the Board of Supervisors Office at 319-356-6000 or [email protected].
Completed applications must be returned to the Board Office by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 20, 2021.