The Coralville Public Library is a community center serving a diverse population as a resource for leisure, knowledge and learning. The library provides programs, services and materials equitably in an atmosphere that is friendly, responsive, comfortable and accessible. The Coralville Public Library champions every person’s right to information and resources.
The Coralville Public Library has approximately 115,000 items available to check out, including: books, audio books, movies, art work, laptops, and hot spots.
The Coralville Public Library is located next to a free parking lot and on the Coralville Bus Route with a stop right in front of the library. Community meeting rooms are available for non-profit organizations, with some audio-visual equipment available for use in these rooms. The Library also has study rooms available for individuals or small groups.
- The Library has free programing for adults including reading groups, movie nights, and self-paced seasonal reading programs.
- The Library has free programing for children including weekly storytimes and seasonal reading programs.
- The Library partners with the Dolly Parton Imagination Library to enroll children under 5, living in Coralville and Rural Johnson County, to receive a free book in the the mail every month.
- The Library has public computers with Microsoft Office programs and internet access. There is wireless internet available throughout the building and on Library grounds 24/7, and wireless hotspots available for checkout.
- The Library offers full reference services, answering questions and helping people find information, in person, over the phone, and via e-mail.
- The Library makes available many online specialty information databases including: Small Engine Repair Reference Center, Consumer Reports, Heritage Quest, Morningstar Investment Research Center, Legal Information Reference Center, Mango Languages, and more.
- The Library provides e-materials including books, audiobooks, magazines, and streaming movies to Coralville and Rural Johnson County residents.
- There is a Community Fridge located near the entrance of the Library.
- The library offers homebound delivery service to those patrons unable to use the Library due to advanced age, long-term illness or physical disability. This service is free to any resident within the city limits of Coralville.
- The library offers TTY, magnifier, assistive listening devices for auditorium programs; and audio books on CD and Playaway.
- The building is wheelchair accessible and a wheelchair is available for patron use.
- Please inquire with library staff for assistance with special needs.
1401 5th Street
Coralville, IA 52241
Monday-Thursday: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sunday: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Closed some holidays
The Coralville Public Library materials and facility are free and open to the public. Desktop computers, wireless internet, and facilities in the building are available without a Library card.
Free library cards are available to residents of Iowa. An ID and proof of address is required to get a card. If you are between homes please speak to a Librarian.