Absentee Ballot Request Form

Domestic Civilian Voters

Our address is:

Johnson County Auditor
913 S Dubuque St
Iowa City IA 52240

Our office is now accepting absentee requests for the City and School Election on November 7, 2023. The deadline is 5:00 PM October 23.

The deadline to request a mailed ballot for the October 10, 2023 Iowa City District A Primary was 5:00 PM September 25. In person early voting is still available.

You must complete a separate request form for each election in which you want a mailed ballot. You cannot submit an Absentee Ballot Request Form online. Forms may be printed, picked up at our office, or we can mail one to you. Forms must be completed, including signature and date, and returned either through the mail or delivered to our office no later than 5:00 PM 15 days prior to the election.

Military and Overseas Voters

Print 2023 FPCA Form (Overseas/Military Voters Only)

Voters who are active military, their dependents, and citizens residing outside of the country may request ballots at any time and should use the Federal Postcard Application (FPCA) form to request an absentee ballot. Requests are good for all elections in a calendar year and may be submitted beginning January 1.

Federal Voting Assistance Program Site

Email [email protected] with any questions about military or overseas voting.